Wednesday, July 22, 2009

May I go to the John?

BFF-Heather is not overly-thrilled about the youngest kids we work with at our school. She deems them unstable.

I teach the two youngest classes at our school. She doesn't teach the youngest classes. I think I need to share an experience from class today since she is incapable of sharing any experiences from the youngest classes.

I have a class of 6 students. They are all 1st year English students. Whenever they want to go to the restroom, I am very strict about making them ask properly: "May I go to the restroom, please?" One of the girls, Ivy, enjoys being creative with this question. Whenever another student asks, "May I go to the restroom, please?" she immediately follows with something along the lines of, "May I go to the Zach Teacher?" or "May I go to the book?" or "May I go to the chair?"

Well, Ivy's question today was concerned with the little boy sitting next to her. His name was John. This is how things happened:

Juny: "Zach Teacher, may I go to the restroom, please?"
Me: "Yes, you may."
Ivy raises her hand.
Me: "Yes, Ivy?"
Ivy: "May I go to the john?"
I smiled. I laughed. I said yes.

3 comments:

  1. what an adorable little girl. especially when she beats on people. and her friend matthew, the man-baby with the receding (baby hair) hairline that likes to give out slobbery kisses. hes just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did not mean to imply in my last comment that i was aware of any relationship between Ivy and Matthew. i know not of the configuration of any classes which i do not teach. apparently matthew and ivy are not in the same class. i did not know this. nor do i care. i just knew that they were both young, not my students and creeped me out the most.

    so to recap: Ivy and Matthew are NOT in the same class. they are NOT friends. and they probably dont even know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivy is not creepy!
    I mean, I'll give you Matthew. But that's not to say that I don't enjoy his slobbery kisses and his inability to stand still.

    ReplyDelete

New England Patriots

Dallas Cowboys