Thursday, August 27, 2009

No Flu and No YouTube

Wednesday was a day of have-nots for BFF-Heather and I.

Korea loves Swine Flu. Much like America assumes innocence until proven guilty, Korea assumes Swine Flu contamination until proven healthy.

I woke up Wednesday morning not knowing that I would be taking a trip to the doctor's office that day. I learned about it through a Facebook status update from BFF-Heather followed by a phone call to said BFF-Heather.

She said, "Yes. We are infected."

I said, "Crap. We are going to die."

So anyways, BFF-Heather, myself, and the rest of the foreign teachers at our school took a field trip to the doctor's office in the middle of the day to have our temperature taken, blood pressure checked, and an x-ray zapped.

As it turns out, I am not as healthy as the rest of my foreign cohorts. I have slightly high blood pressure and need to lose weight (That means no more Cheese Donkassa --- if a cheese donkassa doesn't give me a heart attack, the news that I can't eat one anymore will!). The other teachers are as healthy as a quite healthy person. The x-ray proved that all of our bones were indeed intact.

Also, we don't have Swine Flu.

Now what's the other 'have-not'? I'll tell you what it is: YouTube. As it turns out, Korea is lacking in a fundamental component of YouTube.

BFF-Heather and I filmed our experience with the plan of allowing y'all the chance to see what we got to experience. Everything was going fine with the project until I tried to upload the video onto YouTube. It was then that I discovered that users in Korea cannot upload videos onto YouTube. I was quite disappointed. I may as well have the Swine Flu. What's the point anymore?

One Story, Two Perspectives....

1 comment:

  1. never say never. anything is possible. if you hope with all your heart, you can still contract swine flu. or upload videos to youtube. stay tuned, followers.

    ReplyDelete

New England Patriots

Dallas Cowboys