Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sometimes Best Friends Go To The Zoo

My best friend Zach and I went to the zoo this weekend with our friend RB. RB wore a shirt with a zebra on it (to the zoo!). This makes her awesome. We woke up VERY early and travelled very far to get to the Seoul Grand Park Zoo. We saw many wonderful things and a very sad thing at the zoo. Probably the most awesome thing we saw was a CLONED WOLF. This was INCREDIBLE. This wolf looked like any other wolf, and slept the entire time we were looking at it. Apparently clones need more sleep than the original creatures. The amazing thing about this clone was that it didn't seem special or different. We wouldn't have even known it was a clone if not for RB, who read the sign that stated this only in Korean. I wonder if I have missed any other clones because I can't read Korean.
(Zach and Heather and the Cloned Wolf)

We also saw a terrific dolphin and seal show. At one point the trainer came out holding hands with a small monkey who was wearing a dress and waving a Korean flag. The monkey was out for probably under a minute and didn't do anything but I like to think that they are training the monkey to surf on the back of one of the dolphins while wearing a dress and waving the Korean flag. Or maybe a wetsuit and flag. Either way, Best Friends enjoy that kind of thing.
One thing that was very sad about the zoo was the dead baby monkey. There were tons of monkeys at the zoo and most were alive, including some babies. But one was not. At first we thought this baby was sleeping on the floor of the cage. The mother was grooming it and it looked soft and she was able to move it around easily. But mother monkeys are apparently not very gentle groomers and I started to think 'Wow, baby monkeys sure are sound sleepers.' But no, I am almost positive it was dead. My best friend, Zach, tried to perpetuate the 'sleeping' theory, but I think that was for my benefit. I think you could tell from the eyes. And the fact that it wouldn't move. It was a sad day at the zoo.
But to end things on a positive note, we also saw some longhorn cattle. This reminded me of Zach's house. You know, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New England Patriots

Dallas Cowboys